Hurricane Irma Live Blog
Check back here for our latest updates
Wednesday, September 13th
- All Brooks outpatient clinics are back to normal hours except for our Ortega, West Volusia and Oviedo clinics. They will remain closed pending power restoration.
- Our Home Health division is back to normal operations.
- All of our Community Programs will be open on Thursday. (Clubhouse, Aphasia, NRC and Adaptive Sports)
- All Wellness Programs will resume normal programming as the First Coast YMCA branches re-open. Please check here for a list of those open and pending: http://firstcoastymca.org/preparing-hurricane-irma/
Tuesday, September 12th
Brooks is currently unable to send or receive external emails due to Hurricane Irma. Our carriers are working on the issues. If you need to reach someone at any of our Brooks locations, please call us. Thank you!
- All of our Jacksonville Outpatient Clinics will be closed on Tuesday. All other areas are open.
- The Brooks Clubhouse and Brooks Rehabilitation Aphasia Center will be closed through Wednesday and will re-open on Thursday.
- Rowing for Brooks Adaptive Sports and Recreation is canceled on Wednesday night. They will resume normal activities on Thursday.
- The Brooks Neuro Recovery Center will re-open on Wednesday.
- All Wellness Programs will resume normal programming as the YMCA branches re-open. Please check here for a list of those open and pending.
Sunday, September 10th
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital, Brooks University Crossing and our Brooks Bartram Campus will be on a mandatory lock down beginning at 7:30 pm this evening. During lock down everyone is strongly encouraged to remain in the building until an all clear is announced by our incident command center. This decision is being made for your personal safety as we prepare for our highest impact from the storm.
We thank you for your assistance in keeping everyone safe.
Your Incident Command Team
Friday, September 8th
Due to Hurricane Irma, all Brooks outpatient clinics will be closed on Monday, September 11. There may also be scheduling or hours changes for Friday and Tuesday. If you are scheduled for an appointment on Friday – Tuesday and haven’t been contacted, please call your clinic before your scheduled appointment.
All Brooks community programs are closed on Monday and Tuesday. This includes Adaptive Sports, Brooks Clubhouse, Brooks Rehabilitation Aphasia Center, Pediatric Recreation, Wellness and the Neuro Recovery Center. Adaptive Sports canceled their activities on Saturday and Sunday.
Brooks Americare Home Health will be closed on Sunday and Monday. There will be no patient visits during that time. Patients have been contacted to ensure their medical needs are being met during the closure.